What is HeadEase®?
- HeadEase® is the original drug free alternative for headaches.
- HeadEase® consist of two stainless steel rings that exert pressure on the acupressure point known as Hegu, which is the master point to relieve head pain.
- HeadEase® can also be used to reduce every day stress and provide relaxation.
What is HeadEase® used for?
- Relief of head pain
- Stress relief
Is HeadEase® cost effective?
- Yes! HeadEase® consists of two stainless steel rings that can be reused and have no expiration.
How does HeadEase® work?
- The function of HeadEase® is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, which has been used continuously for millennia. It is based on the understanding that we have vital energy, or Qi that travels throughout our bodies along pathways called meridians. When this energy is flowing freely, we experience health and well-being. It is when this energy stagnates that we experience dis-ease and pain. The aim of acupressure is to remove energy blockages so that the body returns to a normal flow and can maintain wellness.
- HeadEase® consists of two stainless steel rings that stimulate the point known as Hegu. Hegu is the “master” point of the head and face and is useful to relieve many types of head pain. While there are several points that can be used to treat head pain, Hegu is the “pain point” or anesthesia point of the body, and is the most effective and important point for pain anywhere in the head. By using HeadEase® to stimulate Hegu, you are choosing simple, pill free pain relief.
How long does it take for HeadEase® to work?
- Head pain is usually relieved in approximately 20 minutes.
When should I begin using HeadEase®?
- As soon as you experience head pain.
- Moments when you would like to relax and reduce stress.
Does HeadEase® have any side effects?
- Stimulation of Hegu will produce temporary and mild local tenderness.
Are there any contra-indications for HeadEase®?
- Pregnant women should NOT use HeadEase®
Who can use HeadEase®?
- Anyone can use HeadEase® with the exception of pregnant women.
What material is HeadEase® made of?
- HeadEases® is made of stainless steel and it is hypo-allergenic.
What additional information and clinical data/research is available to support their use?
- Randomized Clinical Trial of Acupuncture for Myofascial Pain of the Jaw Muscles
- Acupuncture in the prophylactic treatment of migraine without aura: a comparison with flunarizine
- Pain modulation by meditation and electroacupuncture in experimental submaximum effort tourniquet technique (SETT)
- Large Intestine 4 (Hegu)
- The effects of laser acupuncture on chronic tension headache–a randomised controlled trial.
- Variability in the Diagnosis and Point Selection for Persons with Frequent Headache by Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncturists
- Study on the regulatory effect of electro-acupuncture on hegu point (LI4) in cerebral response with functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Acupressure for Bone Pain – Johns Hopkins/Univ. Maryland Study
- Treatment of headache pain with auto-acupressure
- The Four Gates for stress
- Hegu, Tai Chong and the Four Gates