- Hegu means “joining valley,” and refers to the acupressure point located in the junction of the thumb and forefinger. This is the point that is stimulated when using Hegu Acupressure Rings.
What are Hegu acupressure rings?
- Hegu acupressure rings are the original drug free alternative for headaches.
- Hegu acupuressure rings consist of two stainless steel rings that exert pressure on the acupressure point known as Hegu, which is the master point to relieve head pain.
- Hegu acupressure rings can also be used to reduce every day stress and provide relaxation.
Why use Hegu acupressure rings used?
- Relief of head pain
- Stress relief
Are Hegu acupressure rings cost effective?
- Yes! Hegu acupressure rings consist of two stainless steel rings that can be reused and have no expiration.
How do Hegu acupressure rings work?
- The function of Hegu acupressure rings is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, which has been used continuously for millennia. It is based on the understanding that we have vital energy, or Qi that travels throughout our bodies along pathways called meridians. When this energy is flowing freely, we experience health and well-being. It is when this energy stagnates that we experience dis-ease and pain. The aim of acupressure is to remove energy blockages so that the body returns to a normal flow and can maintain wellness.
- Hegu acupressure rings consist of two stainless steel rings that stimulate the point known as Hegu. Hegu is the “master” point of the head and face and is useful to relieve many types of head pain. While there are several points that can be used to treat head pain, Hegu is the “pain point” or anesthesia point of the body, and is the most effective and important point for pain anywhere in the head. By using Hegu acupressure rings to stimulate the Hegu points, you are choosing simple, pill free pain relief.
How long does it take for Hegu acupressure rings to work?
- Approximately 20 minutes.
When should I begin using Hegu acupressure rings?
- As soon as you experience head pain.
- Moments when you would like to relax and reduce stress.
Do Hegu acupressure rings have any side effects?
- Stimulation of Hegu will produce temporary and mild local tenderness.
Are there any contra-indications for Hegu acupressure rings?
- Pregnant women should NOT use Hegu acupressure rings.
Who can use Hegu acupressure rings?
- Anyone can use Hegu acupressure rings with the exception of pregnant women.
What material is used in Hegu acupressure rings?
- Hegu acupressure rings are made of stainless steel and are hypo-allergenic.
What additional information and clinical data/research is available to support their use?
- Randomized Clinical Trial of Acupuncture for Myofascial Pain of the Jaw Muscles
- Acupuncture in the prophylactic treatment of migraine without aura: a comparison with flunarizine
- Pain modulation by meditation and electroacupuncture in experimental submaximum effort tourniquet technique (SETT)
- Large Intestine 4 (Hegu)
- The effects of laser acupuncture on chronic tension headache–a randomised controlled trial.
- Variability in the Diagnosis and Point Selection for Persons with Frequent Headache by Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncturists
- Study on the regulatory effect of electro-acupuncture on hegu point (LI4) in cerebral response with functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Acupressure for Bone Pain – Johns Hopkins/Univ. Maryland Study
- Treatment of headache pain with auto-acupressure
- The Four Gates for stress
- Hegu, Tai Chong and the Four Gates